The Old Way Of Creating a WordPress Web Site
- Think of a Domain and check for its availability
- Register the domain with a Registrar and fill out the ICANN Contact information
- Shop around for a web hosting company, and hope you don’t get assigned to an oversold server. Good luck with that.
- Go back to the Registrar and figure out how to change the Nameservers to that of the hosting company’s server you were assigned to.
- Log into your Hosting Control Panel and set up an FTP account
- Go to WordPress’ site and download the most recent version of the Application, and then unzip it on your computer.
- Go to your server and create a database, create a user, and assign the user to the database.
- Open up the WordPress PHP configuration file with a Code Editor and enter the site name, site address, database name, database user name, password, and Admin login properly in it.
- Use a FTP App, setup up a login to the host, and upload the files to the server.
- Run WordPress’ Install script, which sets up the database.
- Login to the Amin panel and try to figure out which plugins of the thousands available are the best of the lot.
- Choose a theme and add you context.
The Way To Do It With Nostalgia Drag Racing Hosting a WordPress Site
- Skip Steps 1 through 11 and go right to adding your context.